Are you selling or buying something off of Craigslist for the first time? Our seven Craigslist precautions will help prepare you for your first transaction!
- Make sure the transaction is worth your time
- Always use a proxy email address
- Plan details in advance
- Meet in public and bring a friend
- Stay safe when a buyer comes to your house
- Accept cash only
- Trust your instincts when vetting buyers
Old clothes, furniture, automobiles—you can buy or sell almost anything on Craigslist or other popular sites, like Facebook Marketplace. According to Statistics Brain, 40 million new classified ads are published on Craigslist every month.1
If you’ve heard some of the horror stories of online marketplaces, don’t be nervous. As long as you follow Craigslist precautions, selling items online is a great way to clean out clutter while making extra money. Here are important tips on how to sell on Craigslist safely.